Eucharist - Mass SchedulesWeekend Masses
Saturday Vigil Masses at 4 PM and 5:30 PM in the Church
Sunday Masses at 7 AM, 9:30 AM and 11:15 AM in the Church
Sunday Masses at 8 AM, 10 AM, 12 Noon, 5 PM in the Parish Hall
7 AM and Noon in the Church, Saturday at 8 AM in the Church (Novena Mass)
Holy Days – 7 AM, 9 AM, Noon
Reconciliation - ConfessionsSaturdays from 3-4 PM in the Church. Sundays 4-5 PM in the school. For Advent and Lent, please see the Bulletin. On Holy Days, 30 minutes before the Vigil Mass.
Baptisms & Pre-Baptism Instruction
- Baptisms are celebrated every Sunday at 12:30 PM, with the exception of Holy Days and Holiday weekends. Please call the Parish Office to schedule a Baptism.
- The Pre-Baptism class, held the second Wednesday of every other month at 7:30 PM in the Barn, is required for new parents and parents who have not participated in a pre-Baptism class within five years and wish to have a child baptized. Please call the Parish Office to register for a Pre-Baptism class.
- Catholic godparents are required to obtain a sponsor certificate from their parish stating that they are practicing Catholics in good faith and forward it to the Parish Secretary at least one week before the Baptism. A non-Catholic Christian may also act as a witness for a Baptism.
Marriage & Marriage Preparation
- Couples planning to marry should contact the Parish Secretary at least one year in advance to schedule their wedding.
- At least nine months prior to the wedding date the future bride and groom should begin preparation for their marriage and are expected to participate in the marriage preparation program (Pre-Cana) offered by the Diocese of Bridgeport. A booklet on preparing for marriage at Saint Mary Parish is available at our Parish Office.
- For schedules and other information about the Diocesan marriage preparation program (Pre-Cana), see their website: www.bridgeportdiocese.com/index.php/marriageprep
Anointing of the SickAnyone who is seriously ill or preparing for surgery may arrange to receive the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick by contacting the Parish Office: (203) 438-6538.
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)RCIA involves preparing un-baptized and baptized, but un-catechized adults for initiation into full communion with the Catholic Church. RCIA general information sessions typically begin in September and continue through November. These are followed by weekly instructional classes in Scripture and Catholic doctrine beginning on the first Sunday of Advent and continuing through Palm Sunday. To the extent possible, the session schedule tries to accommodate the convenience of the participants.
Contact: Deacon Bob Salvestrini, (203) 438-2761, firstname.lastname@example.org
Religious EducationOffice: (203) 438-7335 Fax: (203) 438-6876
Director of Religious Education Sr. Joan Brennan, CND, email@example.com
Assistant Sr. Margaret Brennan, CND, firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant Nancy Cofone, email@example.com
Assistant Dorian Peckham, firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information contact: email@example.com
Music MinistryDirector of Music and Organist: Darren Motise, (203) 438-6538, ext 300, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Mary CemeteryOffice: (203) 438-3606 Fax: (203) 438-7906
Director: Ray Sturz, email@example.com Sales: Donna Barber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Mary SchoolThe School, awarded the Blue Ribbon by the U.S. Department of Education, and the Diocesan Award for Excellence, is one of 33 elementary schools in our Diocesan System. Preschool through eighth grade. Principal: Anna O’Rourke, (203) 438-7288, email@example.com.
For additional information, please visit: www.smsridgefield.org