No monument, headstone, footstone may be erected or placed on a burial plot or interment/inurnment space if there is an outstanding balance either for the purchase of the lot or any Cemetery fees.The Cemetery must approve all markers, prior to the setting, erected or placement of a marker. The Monument Company is required to submit a full set of scale drawings with all dimensions, decorations and lettering to the cemetery for approval.
- Only the designated marker type will be allowed on the grave site.
- Funeral home markers will be removed within 6 months of internment or at the time of the setting of a monument or footstone, whichever comes first.
- The Cemetery reserves the right at all times to approve and prescribe the kind, size, design, shape, symbolism, craftsmanship, quality and material of memorials, inscriptions, monumnets, or markers placed or to be placed in the Cemetery. All memorials are subject to the approval of the Cemetery prior to fabrication and acceptance or rejection for placement shall be based upon such approval.
- Only Religious symbols and/or floral depictions are permitted.
- No statuary, vases, porcelain or likenesses may be incorporated into the monument design.
- No headstone may be placed without prior notice to the Cemetery. A member of Cemetery staff must be present to approve the final memorial before setting on the foundation.
- The Cemetery is responsible for the preparation of foundations and the fee, as set annually by the Diocese of Bridgeport, must be paid in advance.
- One footstone per interment/inurnment in each grave. Footstones, flush markers and VA markers are set by the cemetery personnel.
- In the urn garden – only one flush marker may be set on each gravesite.
- For single graves – only one flush marker for each interment/inurnment may be set on each gravesite.
- Maximum size is 3’0” x 1’2”
- St Mark Baby Section maximum size is 16" x 8"
- Slant markers are allowed on single graves, in designed areas only. No slant markers are permitted in double plots.
- Upright markers maximum size limitations are based on the size and configuration of the plot(s).
- For the purpose of determining the maximum size of headstone, the number of graves will be based on the number of consecutively adjoined side-by-side graves.
- The Cemetery will advise of any special circumstances or conditions in the placement of monuments.