As part of our parish’s commitment to Catholic Social Teaching and outreach to those in need, we seek to help parishioners interested in missionary work pursue their goals by offering assistance to those who have a genuine financial need. Stipends of up to $1,000 per stipend are available to those who wish to participate in a mission trip. The stipends are provided to help defray up to fifty percent of the costs, including the mission fee and/or the travel expenses (air, bus, or train fares) up to a maximum of $1,000.
To be eligible for consideration:
- The applicant must be a registered member of the Parish.
- An application must be submitted, which provides general information about you, about the planned trip, and describes the need for financial aid. Parishioners participating in missions sponsored by Catholic agencies will be given first priority. An interview may be requested by the Catholic Action Committee. Recipients will be expected to share their experiences of the trip with the Parish and or community groups.
- The applicant must sign the “Hold Harmless/Indemnity Agreement.”
- The applicant must agree to submit a brief report of the mission trip and their reaction to the trip to the Chair of the Catholic Action Committee no more than four weeks after their return.
- Receipts will be required before stipend funds are distributed.
- If applicant is under the age of 18, a parent must also sign the statement of agreement and Hold Harmless/Indemnity Agreement.
Fill out all information in spaces provided. If any of your answers require more space, you may use additional pieces of paper and attach them to the application form. The application may be filled out online or printed from the website and returned to the Parish Office. In addition to the application, a signed copy of the Hold Harmless/Indemnity Agreement must be submitted. Please indicate on the envelope: Attention: Parish Mission Stipend Subcommittee. Applications are due six weeks before the mission trip start date. You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. The subcommittee will review all applications and notify recipients of the decision.
Applicants will be notified if the application is incomplete.
All application information will remain confidential. Please contact Kathy Gansert with any questions.